International Buyers Program
Canada's Farm Progress Show offers potential travel assistance for international producers and dealers to attend the show. Those accepted into the program will have up to 50% of their travel costs covered up to a maximum of $1,500 CAD.
In addition, the program offers guests the following features:
- International Buyers Symposium & Manufacturer/Farm Tour
- Early access to Preview Day, which includes the opening ceremony and reception
- Access to the International Business Centre, which includes free Wi-Fi, meeting rooms and two complimentary meals (breakfast and lunch) each day of the show
- Business-to-Business appointments
- Free admission to the show
- VIP shuttle service from hotels to and from the show
The following criteria is used to help determine eligibility for the program:
- Applicants must be visiting Canada's Farm Progress Show for the first time.
- Previous visitors to Western Canada must have yielded incremental sales for western Canadian exporters.
- Applicants must have purchase decision-making capabilities and are interested in products or services from western Canadian companies.
- Applicants can be individual producers from corporate or co-operative farms, government agencies, distributors, importers and equipment dealers.
Please be advised that funding dollars are limited.
For more information, contact Lee-Anne Oltean at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program for Farmers
The Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program includes two categories for those interested in farming in Saskatchewan.
- Farm Owner/Operator: experienced farmers with considerable capital to invest in buying and operating a farming operation in Saskatchewan
- Young Farmer: young families looking to establish a farming operation in rural Saskatchewan
Contact the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program to learn more about eligibility.
For more information on farm ownership legislation pertaining to non-residents, visit the Saskatchewan Farm Land Security Board website.